The Anglesey Wado Aiwakai Karate-do Club, (AWAK), was established in January 2022 as a continuation of the teaching and instruction of Wado Kai Karate taught by Sensei Grahame Morgan, the founder of the Aiwakai Karate-Do Cymru/Wales Group (AKCW), established in 1991.
The club continues to be affiliated to and follow the (WAKF) Wado Aiwakai Karate-do Federation, founded by Sensei Kuniaki Sakagami 8th Dan in 1989, and who has been teaching Wado Ryu karate in England since 1970.
The Club teaches and grades on a syllabus based on the following:
1. Kihon Waza – Basic techniques, blocking, punching, striking techniques.
2. Keri Waza – Kicking techniques.
3. Ren Raku Waza – Combination Techniques.
4. Ippon Kumite – Tsuki Uke/Keri Uke - Basic pre-arranged Punch Blocks/Kick Blocks.
5. Kumite Gata – More advanced series of pair works.
6. Kihon Kumite - More advanced series of pair works.
7. Tanto Dori – Knife Defence (more advanced students).
8. Kata – Pre-arranged routine of techniques originating from past masters.
9 Ji Yu Kumite – Free sparring.
We train on Monday evenings at Kingsland Community Centre Holyhead, Cyttir Road, LL65 2TG:
1st Class - Beginners (5 – 7 years) - 18:30 – 19:00 - £9.00 per month
2nd Class – Juniors (8 – 12 years) – 19:00 – 20:00 - £17.00 per month
3rd Class – Seniors (13 years plus) – 20:00 – 21:00 - £21.00 per month
Family discount available.
For further information, or if you or a family member would like to come along and try Wado Kai Karate, please contact me via the below email or mobile number.
07 840 488 838
First two lessons are free with no obligation to see if it’s something you would like to pursue.
Sensei Ricky Molyneux 3rd Dan.
Sensei Tim Malone 3rd Dan.